Friday, January 4, 2008

Day 2

Still going well so far! Day 2 hasn't been too bad. Last night was a little rough but I was able to be out of the house for most of the night so that helped. Tonight and this weekend I'm a little nervous about b/c there's only so many things that I can think to do outside the house where I can't smoke and won't think about it .... and won't cost me tons of money, i.e. shopping =) but I'm sure I'll find plenty to do that'll keep me busy.

Work hasn't been bad either day so far. Today I'm sitting here, working my fanny off and the next thing I know, I look up and it's after 10am!!!!!! Haven't even thought about running out or anything!

I found it hard when I did get home last night ... all alone in the confines of my house and no smokes. So, unfortunately, I fell prey to what many people who are quitting smoking do ... food. So, I'll be going to the grocery store tonight and buying them out of baby carrots and/or celery ... good, solid, crunchy snacky things that aren't Jill's delicious Oatmeal Raisin cookies ... that melt in your mouth ....

It's only a hurdle and it's an easy one to get over and I will ... so be prepared for phone calls this weekend everyone!!!!

2 comments:

Esther said...

YAY GINA!!! We're so proud of you. Any time you need a diversion, come to our house and we'll keep you busy. Or we might get you so sick that you won't feel like smoking anymore! Either way! Congrats!!!

Scott said...

You Rock!!!!!!!!