Monday, January 7, 2008

Post-weekend

The weekend wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it would/could be ... probably in part due to the fact that I shopped for 5 hours straight on saturday afternoon. I pre-spent all of the money that I haven't yet spent on smokes on new clothes that I need like a hole in the head. I did also get two new pillows that rock!

After my mad day of shopping I went to John & Esther's for some good ol' fashioned pizza & birthday cake. The kids were, as usual, awesome and hysterical and a blessing to help me keep my mind off the twitchies and general urges to smoke and to break routine. We had a nice night and I hung around for a while after the kids went to bed and then realized how exhausted the shopping made me and I went home and slept like a baby.

Sunday was good too ... I woke up and laid around and watched Headline News and While You Were Out for a while and slept on and off until around 10. I got up and made some breakfast and watched more news and WYWO and happily drank my coffee. The next thing I knew it was almost noon and then I realized that I hadn't swithced out my patch and I felt fine ... no cranky, nothing. So I decided to see how it would be to go the day w/o a patch at all but I did have one with me juuuuuust in case. I jumped in the shower and got ready and headed to Mark's house to watch the hockey game for a while. We went to the movies after the hockey game was over (BTW American Gangster = SO GOOD!!!!) and here I am, monday morning and still going strong w/ no patch.

I will admit that I had a HORRIBLE thought last night though ... for a very brief second, the pack of smokes that I threw out called my name from the garbage and i very fleetingly thought about pulling one out ... one that I'd doused in water and have since thrown 5 days worth of other garbage on top of .... EW!!!! Needless to say, I did no such thing and very quickly went in to my bedroom to try to get to sleep and stop thinking about it.

So, aside from that and the dream I had about having a smoke ... I'm doing pretty good!

No comments: